Monday, April 25, 2005

The Pepper pattern & Lang Romance

As the designer of the Pepper Wrap exclusive pattern on the site, I would like to apologize. I did not realize when I fell in love with the Lang Romance yarn at a local yarn shop that is was so difficult to find! (Or should I say impossible to find.) We have received lots of emails from knitters who cannot find the yarn. I am considering knitting it again with a more common yarn. If anyone has made the pattern with a different yarn and been happy with the results, please let me know.

But, it is a very friendly pattern for yarn substitutions. The Lang Romance yarn is meant for much smaller needles and gauge, but we like that it gives the wrap a stretchy, soft feel. Any worsted weight yarn in a soft texture should work. But don't use anything with an eyelash or fuzzy feel to it, because this will minmize the see-through look of it.

The most important measurement is the lower circumference of 48 inches. I would recommend using your substituted yarn and making a swatch in the knit 2 rows, purl 2 rows, knit 2 rows, etc. pattern and figure out how many stitches you need to get the 48 inches. This is how may stitches you need to start with. Or just follow the pattern as is. You may get a bit smaller or larger result, but it will still work.

Happy knitting, Corinne



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter