Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Muggle Knitting Patterns

What's a Muggle? If you are a Harry Potter fan, no explanation is necessary. If not, Muggles are us non-magic folks. And while reading the new Harry Potter book yesterday I discovered the passage below from chapter 4 of the book.

'Oh, there you are, Albus,' he said. 'You've been a very long time. Upset stomach?''No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines,' said Dumbledore. 'I do love knitting patterns.'

Looks like I'm not the only one who keeps knitting magazines in the loo.

There are plenty of references to knitting in the Harry Potter books. Mrs. Weasley knits sweaters for her entire family each year and I fondly remember when Harry received one his first Christmas at Hogwarts.

Anne

1 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Peacecat said...

That passage brought a big smile to my face when I read it. My first thought was "I wonder how long it will take this to hit the KnitList?" I've never heard it mentioned, but I wonder if JK Rowling herself is a knitter. She does mention knitting frequently in her books. Hermione and Mrs Wesley both do a lot of knitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter