Saturday, October 08, 2005

An Elbow in the Side

I went to see the new Wallace and Gromit movie last night and during the opening received a quick elbow in the side from my friend. (My friend is not a knitter) Gromit is an avid knitter and the opening is a series of photos which include Gromit knitting a vest for Wallace and him wearing it. How cute! And in the middle of the movie while they are searching for the Were-Rabbit, Gromit starts knitting in the car while waiting for Wallce. Another elbow...

And this morning she sent me a link to the figurine below. I have a feeling my birthday gift has already been ordered. : )

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Heheh... once you get tagged as a knitter there's no going back. I think it makes others around you notice it more, because they know you'll appreciate it. This weekend I was visiting family and the kids watched both Chicken Run and Spirited Away, both of which feature animals knitting at some point (in Spirited Away, it's about 2/3 through the movie--the little mouse knits). The kids (and there are eight of them) all scrambled to tell me.

What amuses me the most is that some shows/movies will take the time to CORRECTLY animate knitting, and others don't. On Futurama, Mom (who runs the robot factory) was knitting apparently just by wiggling her two sticks back and forth; and yet on the same night someone else was knitting on a different show and doing it correctly.

There's even a Time Warner Cable ad around here where the (late-20-something) woman is knitting some project in bright orange yarn while sitting on the couch! Obviously advertisers are beginning to understand that it's not just for grannies anymore! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter