Thursday, August 25, 2005

This corn tastes funny

The first time I used some of these tomatoes in my homemade chili, my husband said, "What a great idea, you put corn in here." My response, "I did?" Turns out he was seeing some of the Yellow Pears I added in with the other varieties of tomatoes.

One of my favorite things about gardening is being able to plant varieties of vegetables you can't find in the grocery store. These Yellow Pear tomatoes are deliciously tangy and I like using them in salads or for a colorful addition to relish trays. I will also throw a few into my chili to add a bit of color. I had only recently only harvested a few of these in my garden due to the drought, but we have received some good rains the last 2 weeks and the tomatoes especially took off.

Corinne



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter