Wednesday, August 10, 2005

More and More Yarn

I visited a large JoAnn store last night and was amazed at how large their yarn section has become. I believe the store is barely a year old and they have already tripled the number of aisles dedicated to yarn. They always had the "mass market" types of yarn in the lower to mid price range. A good selection, but not a lot of natural fibers. This has all changed. They now have a bunch of higher end yarns, including lots of 100% wools and wool mixes. I was really impressed. Actually, I was totally overwhelmed and it took me almost an hour to select two different kinds of yarn. Not a good place to be for someone who has trouble making decisions!

I had a similar experience at Meijer the week before. They have doubled their yarn section, now on both sides of one aisle. More of a lower end, all synthetic selection, but they do carry Lion Brand and even NY Yarns, which I am fond of.

It's makes me so happy that knitting has become popular and many stores now offer a full yarn selection. I still spend a lot of time (and money) in my local yarn shop, but sometimes I need something a little less expensive when I am making a gift or teaching. Choices are always good.

Corinne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter