Thursday, April 28, 2005

The felting continues...

I knit another purse tonight, this time in Lamb's Pride Burly Spun, which is 100% wool. I mixed in rows of a synthetic furry yarn as stripes. Back to the washer! This time I put the purse in solid cotton laundry bag, added the jeans, the detergent, and a bit of fabric softener. I started the wash on hot/cold and just as the washing cycle was completing I stopped the machine. Then I turned back the dial to start the hot wash cycle again.

Well, there's good news and bad news. The yarn did felt pretty well this time. You can still recognize some of the stitches, but the fabric is nice and solid. The bad news is that the furry yarn totally streched out and the purse looks strange.

Oh well, I'll keep experimenting. But I am out of yarn, so I'll be heading to my local yarn shop for more Burly Spun.

Stay tuned, Corinne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter