Tuesday, June 14, 2005

It's a Baby Strawberry

The first season strawberry plants are in the garden, you are supposed to pull all of the flowers. This allows the plant to put all of its energy into growing a strong plant with sturdy roots, not fruit. While I was away from the garden for a few days, this baby strawberry snuck in. It can't hurt to let just one grow, right? And that one strawberry will taste so sweet.

I took the photo about a week ago and unfortunately, I will be unable to provide a newer one. Or give a detailed description on how sweet and juicy it was at picking. At least I can't, but perhaps I can track down the bird who ate it and ask for his opinion.

Next year there will be netting to protect my precious berries, that's for sure.

Corinne


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter