Sunday, June 12, 2005

Much needed rain

The forecast here in Chicagoland has not changed for the past 7 days...hot and humid with scattered thunderstorms. We need rain so badly, but each day seems to pass without so much as a sprinkle. I am getting tired of lugging watering cans to my garden plot and turning on the lawn sprinkler every other day. I read this morning that high pressure is sitting over Lake Michigan and not letting any moisture through. Ugh!!

Even though the forecast was scattered thunderstorms yesterday, I did go ahead and book a non-refundable tee time at a local golf course, Mill Creek in Geneva. And guess what. Yep, it stormed. Thirty minutes following completion of the sixth hole was spent sitting in my golf cart under a lightning shelter. Regrettably, it was mostly lightning with a brief shower in the middle. Plus, the rain gauge at the garden only registered a trace. But the lesson is that if you want it to rain, please play golf. It surely will interrupt your game at least a little bit. Or I hear washing your car is just as good.

Corinne


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter