Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Swatch Me

I visited a new yarn shop while out of town this past week, a favorite past time of mine. This yarn shop had a small swatch knitted up for each and every yarn they have in stock. No exception. And a tag on the swatch indicated the gauge and needle size. Plus, for a few of the yarns they even had a felted swatch with the before and after measurements. How wonderful!

All yarn shops should do this. I think it would really help their sales. In my opinion, there are some yarns that are very ugly in a ball, but knit up beautifully.

Abby

1 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger kathy b said...

I agree about the swatches. They are hugely helpful to me. Varigated yarns can be impossible for me to imagine knit up, so I love when YSO provide swatches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter